As a social change leader, chances are that you have experienced burnout, conflict, in-fighting, and/or isolation. Rockwood's trainings are organized around six core practices to help you navigate these challenges.
To live and lead from the principles which give our lives meaning.
To create and articulate a clear and compelling picture of our desired future.
To build and maintain strong interdependent relationships that advance our vision.
To shift from reactivity to a state of resourcefulness in moments of stress and crisis.
To enhance our capacity to produce results that further our vision.
To maintain balance, pacing, efficiency to sustain our energy over a lifetime of activism.
During the training, each core practice will be presented with a guiding theory, a dynamic learning experience, and practical applications to real life leadership challenges.
Guiding Principles of Rockwood Leadership Institute
- Rockwood Leadership Institute honors and supports any and all non-violent movements, strategies and efforts intended to alleviate suffering, to eradicate exploitation and oppression and to uplift the dignity inherent in all beings.
- We believe that all leaders in such efforts deserve full support and respect.
- We commit to making our tools, thinking, learning and materials available to any leader who is in alignment with these values and principles.
Our Commitment: Inclusion and Equity
- Work across differences
- Serve racially and culturally diverse leaders and communities
- Continue to be a racially and culturally diverse organization
- Provide and support leadership that insists upon bringing powerful structural change to promote racial and economic equity
- Diversity is a strength and strategy for powerful and creative leadership.
- Structural racism and oppression in institutions intended to protect the vulnerable are key obstacles to creating social change