Fellowship for Leaders Strengthening Democracy
The ideal candidates for Fellowship for Leaders Strengthening Democracy:
- Are key influencers in organizations and networks that protect democratic norms and systems from the influence of money (specifically judicial independence and money in politics);
- Are positioned in the wider community to help demonstrate new and better ways to lead and work together;
- Represent underrepresented communities: a diversity of gender, racial/ethnic communities, LGBTQ and youth;
- Represent a diversity of change strategies and geographic foci (local, state, national);
- Possess a personal/professional readiness to learn new leadership skills;
- Are committed to exploring ways to strengthen the sector through partnership and collaboration;
- Commit to full participation in the program, including attendance at two retreats, completing required pre-work and engaging in peer coaching.
To nominate a leader for the 2017 fellowship, please complete this nomination survey. You will be asked to include the name, title, organization, email address, and a brief description of how the person meets the program’s criteria.
Nominations are due by 2 pm PST/5 PM EST Friday, July 6, 2018. Rockwood will select applicants from the nomination pool to be invited to submit an application. Select applicants will be invited to participate in a phone interview. Twenty-four leaders will be accepted.