Rockwood ECLH Fellowship Nominations
We are looking for ECLH leaders who:
- Are actively involved in the Early Care, Learning, and Health (ECLH) field within California in the San Francisco Bay Area, Central Valley and Central Coast
- Have at least 4 years’ experience working in the ECLH field
- Are a part of a community, system, organization, association, network, movement that is attempting to make broader change
- Are committed to growing their leadership to support systems change in the ECLH field
- Are committed to building partnership and collaboration across the ECLH field
- Possess a personal and professional readiness to learn new leadership skills
- Have an interest or commitment to develop the leadership of others
- Represent a diversity of racial/ethnic communities, change strategies, and geographic foci (national, state, and local) particularly including leaders who have direct service provision experience and/or are committed to lifting up the voices of those that have not been recognized who reflect the changing demographics within the field (parents, marginalized populations of children, non-English speakers, childcare providers)
- Commit to full participation in the program, including attendance at all retreats, completing required pre- and post-retreat work
We understand that the early care learning and health field is vast, extending far beyond schools and childcare centers to include healthcare agencies, government programs like libraries and parks, people working in policy and advocacy, social services, and more. As such we are considering the ECLH field as any position that directly impacts the lives of children birth zero to five.
Nomination Process and Timeline
Selected nominees who fit this year’s criteria will be invited to fill out an application form. Select applicants will then participate in a phone interview. Up to 24 leaders will be selected as 2022 Fellows.
We encourage direct service providers, people of color, and leaders from underrepresented communities such as multi- language speakers and those who serve children from birth to 5 years old within larger organizations (for example, within a Parks and Recreation department) to apply for this Fellowship.
This fellowship will take place from October 2022 through April 2023, across five sessions. The recruitment period will last from April – August 2022. Please see below for details. This timeline is subject to change as we continue to respond to the needs brought on by COVID-19 and prioritize the health and wellness of participants.
Nomination period, we encourage you to nominate yourself and your colleagues for this inaugural cohort
April – May
Selected nominees who fit this year’s criteria will be invited to fill out an application form
June – July
- Select applicants will participate in a phone interview
- Up to twenty four leaders will be selected for the inaugural cohort
Nominate a Leader
The nominations process for the 2022-2023 fellowship year will close May 31, 2022. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.