- The next guest for Couch Conversations on April 26 is activist & author Saru Jayaraman, interviewed by Akaya Windwood.
- We released an infographic “cheatsheet” to help you build awesome partnerships.
- Spring has sprung in the Bay Area, and we’re revisiting these questions to help us reflect and plan for the coming months.
Alums in the News
- Jennifer Lentfer wrote a piece encouraging the philanthropy sector to create “nothing”
- Yumi Sera shared insights on disability rights and funding to build power across movements
- Heron Greenesmith wrote “High Risk, Few Resources: Bisexual Kids Lack Help When They Need It Most” for Rewire
- Heather McGhee and Demos explore what would happen if everyone voted in a video co-produced with Vote.org, MoveOn.org, and Inequality Media
- Liz Ogbu presented “What If Gentrification Was About Healing Communities Instead of Displacing Them?” at TEDWomen 2017
- Amanda Berger was inducted into the Justice Category of the 2018 Alameda County Women’s Hall of Fame
- Dawn Laguens posted “No, Mike Pence. Not on our watch.” On Medium
- adrienne maree brown was interviewed for Yes! Magazine, and appeared on the For The Wild podcast
- Jeff Tiell wrote “The Humanity of Leadership: Reflections from a Leadership Training Retreat” for the Jim Joseph Foundation blog
News & Inspiration
- “My friends and I might still be 11 and we might still be in elementary school, but we know. We know life isn’t equal for everyone and we know what is right and wrong”: If you haven’t seen if yet, check out Naomi Wadler’s speech from the March For Our Lives.
- “Practice: Question any strategies that don’t account for care. Especially when such strategies are housed in the work of reforming existing oppression, making it slightly less harmful. That is not care, it’s complicity”: adrienne maree brown shares some life-giving wisdom in this beautiful piece.
- “When we slow down we attend to different power dynamics. Power is all around us and use of time is one way power shows up”: Fakequity shares how slowing down to make space for connection can help create equity.
- Various Locations: Campus Election Engagement Project is hiring for several positions
- Somerville, MA: Political Research Associates is looking for a Development Coordinator, a Research Fellow – Preventing Hard Right Capture of the Courts, and a Senior Research Analyst – Gender and Reproductive Justice
- San Francisco, CA: Peer Resources is seeking a Director of Programs
- Washington, D.C./Various Locations: Human Rights Campaign has several open positions
- Oakland, CA: the National Center for Youth Law is seeking a Senior Development Associate OR Development Manager
- Oakland, CA: the East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy is hiring for a Communications Coordinator and a Development Director
- Oakland, CA: TransForm is looking for a Development Manager
- Washington, D.C.: the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum is hiring for Deputy Director of Programs
- New York, NY or Oakland, CA: Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network is seeking an Administrative/Operations Manager
- Washington, D.C./Various Locations: Indivisible has several positons open
- Due April 20: Hewlett 50 Arts Commission