Fall is finally here! As Oakland cools down a bit, things at Rockwood are actually starting to heat up.
This month, we are welcoming three (!) new staff members, as well as launching cohorts, partnerships, and new programs. We’re also continuing to focus on how we as a team and as an organization show up – in this world, at this moment, in community with all of you.
If you’re looking to channel your own autumn energy into stronger and more joyful leadership, check out this free fall leadership reflections worksheet, our list of back-to-school leadership inspiration, and – of course – the fall trainings schedule.
Alum in the News
- Reverend Rhina Ramos was highlighted in “The Female Pastors Making Space for Queer Christians to Express Their Faith” by Vice
- Keya Chatterjee wrote “‘The value of rebel tactics’: Why I’m joining Friday’s Climate Strike” for Front Page Live
- Pramila Jayapal, with Teresa Mosqueda, wrote “The time is now for a federal domestic workers bill of rights” for Crosscut
- Sujatha Baliga was awarded a MacArthur Genius Grant to expand access to survivor-centered restorative justice strategies that interrupt the criminalization of people of color and break cycles of recidivism and violence
- Nora Adriana Preciado was named Director of Immigrant Affairs by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- “How to fight activist burnout” by Syrus Marcus Ware
- “Put down the self-help books. Resilience is not a DIY endeavor” by Michael Ungar
- “Adding grace and community to activism, accountability and equity” by Black Girl in Maine
- “The Radical Plan to Save the Planet by Working Less” by Shayla Love
- Remote: Trans Lifeline is seeking a Director of Communications
- Washington, DC: League of Conservation Voters is hiring for several positions, including Vice President of Campaigns and State Capacity Building Associate
- Oakland: Movement Strategy Center has a position open for Interim Innovation Center Project Manager