How To Get there
Nearby airports (without traffic, off-peak hours):
- Westchester County (or White Plains) – 20 minutes away
- LaGuardia – 45-60 minutes away
- JFK Airport – 60 minutes away
- Newark Airport – 75 minutes away
From the airport:
- RMA 1 (800) 682-1112 or use this link Edith Macy Conference Center – RMA Transportation Online Booking (approximately $170 from JFK to Edith Macy, one way)
- Uber or Lyft (approximately $100 from JFK to Edith Macy, one way)
- Train from NYC
- Edith Macy’s stop is Chappaqua Station–about 50 minutes on the Metro-North line from Grand Central Station.
- On the day of your arrival, you will need to call Edith Macy at (914) 945-8000 two stops before the Chappaqua stop (Hawthorne) to arrange a shuttle pick-up
- Note that Edith Macy drivers may be too busy to pick up guests, at which time you could either use Chappaqua Taxi (914)-861-8333 or call and Uber or Lyft.
For departure transportation, we recommend that participants do not book tickets until Wednesday or Thursday, as they often form carpools during the training.
If you’re driving in, please refer to the hotel driving directions or online maps. Parking options include self-parking or valet parking, and both are complimentary.
For folks who feel comfortable carpooling, we will provide a tool you can use to coordinate with others in this cohort. You will receive your cohort contact list about one month before the training.
What To Pack
This is a 5-day retreat so please pack whatever items you need to feel comfortable. Please leave your scented cosmetics at home to accommodate guests with allergies and sensitivities.
Some notable items to pack are:
- 1 personally meaningful object (you will share and place this on the group’s Inspiration Space in the training room)
- Sunscreen / sun protection gear (hat, sunglasses, shirts, pants, etc.)
- Comfortable clothes and rain gear, depending on weather (there is no dress code for our trainings)
- Sturdy, flat-soled shoes
- Water bottle
Check-In / Check-Out Time
- Check-in is at 4:00 pm on the first day of your training and Check-Out is at 11:00 am on the last day of your training.
- If you arrive early, ask the front desk if early check-in is available. If your room is not ready, you may leave your luggage with the front desk and check into your room at dinner time.
- You will be asked to provide a credit card to cover any incidental expenses.
- Rockwood has arranged individual rooms for each participant.
- Meals and lodging for participants will be available from the first day of your training at 5:00 pm through the last day of your training at 1:00 pm (these costs are included in your training fee).
- See this link for what their website says about accessibility.
- The Gathering Place is not entirely ADA-compliant due to its age. Here are the accommodations that are in place:
- ramps to both front and rear exterior doors
- compliant bathroom
- meeting rooms and dining room are all on one level so all are accessible, with the exception of the Leadership Circle in front of the fireplace
- The Leadership Circle is a sunken circle and does have a ramp to the lower level, but the ramp is steeper than code so some assistance is required up and down
- Due to the age of the buildings, none of the lodging rooms are entirely ADA-compliant. We have four guestrooms in the main center that have accessible features. The toilets have assist handles, but are not ideal for transfer from wheelchairs. The showers have bars and a built-in seat with hand shower attachment but are not designed for direct roll in.
- There are multiple lodging locations on property, and accessibility to each depends upon the location. In the ground floor levels of the Treehouse and Sunhouse, a wheelchair can be used to move outdoors to the Gathering Place with some hills and a relatively short distance. Lodging in the main center may require specialty transportation to and from the Gathering Place, depending upon the limitations of the individual, due to the steep hill to reach the Gathering Place.