How To Get there
- Nearby airports (without traffic, off-peak hours):
- Westchester County (or White Plains) 20 minutes away
- LaGuardia 45-60 minutes away
- JFK Airports 60 minutes away
- Newark Airport 75 minutes away
- Ground transportation to and from Edith Macy can be made with the following companies:
- MTC Limo (800) 682-1112 or via their website: mtclimousine.com (approximately $170 from JFK to Edith Macy, one way)
- Uber or Lyft (approximately $100 from JFK to Edith Macy, one way)
- We’d suggest splitting the cost with other participants.
- Train from NYC
- Edith Macy’s stop is Chappaqua Station–about 50 minutes on the Metro-North line from Grand Central Station.
- On the day of your arrival, you will need to call Edith Macy at (914) 945-8000 two stops before the Chappaqua stop (Hawthorne) to arrange a shuttle pick-up –$10.00 one way (fee subject to change).
- Note that Edith Macy drivers may be too busy to pick up guests, at which time you could either use Greeley Taxi (they have a taxi stand right at Chappaqua Train Station) or call and Uber or Lyft.
- For departure transportation, we recommend that participants do not book tickets until Wednesday or Thursday, as they often form carpools during the training.
What To Pack
Please leave your scented cosmetics at home to accommodate guests with allergies and sensitivities.
- comfortable clothes and rain gear, depending on the weather (there is no dress code for our trainings)
- sturdy, flat-soled shoes
- journal and/or book
- a portable media player full of upbeat music you love (for the party on the fourth evening)
- earplugs (in case you’re a light sleeper and your roommate happens to snore)
- an alarm clock
- water bottle
Additional Items To Bring