Rockwood is proud to announce our 2014-2015 National Leading from the Inside Out (LIO) Yearlong Fellows. Each year, Rockwood selects 24 nationally recognized leaders to participate in our transformative LIO Yearlong Fellowship. Since 2003, this executive leadership program has emerged as one of the nation’s leading learning laboratories for experienced social change leaders.
National LIO Yearlong Fellows must be nominated in order to apply for the fellowship, and the extensive selection process takes into account a great number of factors, including Rockwood’s commitment to build connections between leaders who are diverse in methodology, issue focus, geography, and personal experience and identity.
The 2014-2015 National LIO Yearlong Fellows are:
- Amanda Ballantyne – National Director, The Main Street Alliance
- Jeremy Bird – Founding Partner, 270 Strategies
- May Boeve – Executive Director, 350.org
- David Donnelly – Executive Director, Every Voice
- Sara El-Amine – National Grassroots Organizing Director, Organizing for Action
- Ginny Goldman – Executive Director, Texas Organizing Project
- Arshad Hasan – Executive Director, ProgressNow
- Taryn Higashi – Executive Director, Unbound Philanthropy
- Saru Jayaraman – Co-Director, Restaurant Opportunities Centers United
- Norwood Jewell – Vice President, International Union, UAW
- Annie Leonard – Executive Director, Greenpeace
- Vivek Malhotra – Director, Civil and Human Rights, Ford Foundation
- Rev. Terrence L. Melvin – President, Coalition of Black Trade Unionists. Secretary-Treasurer, NY State AFL-CIO
- Christyne Neff – International Vice President and Executive Assistant to the International President, UFCW International
- Miles Rapoport – President, Common Cause
- Rocio Saenz – Executive Vice President, SEIU
- Ilya Sheyman – Executive Director, MoveOn.org Political Action
- Rick Smith – Executive Director, Broadbent Institute
- Rich Stolz – Executive Director, OneAmerica
- Nadia El-Zein Tonova – Director, National Network for Arab American Communities, ACCESS
- Javier Valdes – Co-Executive Director, Make The Road New York
- Gloria Walton – President & CEO, SCOPE
- Miriam Yeung – Executive Director, National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum
- Miya Yoshitani – Executive Director, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN)
Please join us in congratulating our new Fellows!
For more information about the National Leading from the Inside Out (LIO) Yearlong Fellowship, including information about current and past Fellows, please visit: www.rockwoodleadership.org/yearlong.