Rockwood is proud to announce our 2013-14 National Leading from the Inside Out (LIO) Yearlong Fellows.
Each year, Rockwood selects 24 nationally recognized leaders to participate in our transformative LIO Yearlong fellowship. Since 2003, this executive leadership program has emerged as one of the nation’s leading learning laboratories for experienced social change leaders.
National LIO Yearlong fellows must be nominated in order to apply for the fellowship, and the extensive selection process takes into account a great number of factors, including Rockwood’s commitment to build connections between leaders who are diverse in methodology, issue focus, geography, personal experience and identity.
The 2013-14 National LIO Yearlong Fellows are:
- Lindsey Allen – Acting Executive Director, Rainforest Action Network (RAN)
- Sulma Arias – Executive Director, Sunflower Community Action
- Lawrence L. Benito – Chief Executive Officer, Illinois Coalition of Immigrant & Refugee Rights (ICIRR)
- Stacy A. Bohlen – Executive Director, National Indian Health Board
- Juan Cartagena – President & General Counsel, LatinoJustice PRLDEF
- Andrew Friedman – Executive Director, The Center for Popular Democracy (CPD)
- Ben Goldfarb – Executive Director, Wellstone Action
- Steven W. Hawkins – Executive Director, Amnesty International USA
- Rachel Laforest – Executive Director, Right to the City Alliance
- Valarie Long – Executive Vice President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Heather C. McGhee – Vice President for Policy and Outreach, Demos
- Andrea Cristina Mercado – Campaign Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Amy Morris – Program Officer for Strong Local Economies, Surdna Foundation
- Navin Nayak – Senior Vice President, Campaigns, League of Conservation Voters (LCV)
- Deepak Pateriya – Chief of Staff, Center for Community Change
- Will Pittz – Executive Director, Washington Community Action Network
- Justine Sarver – Executive Director, Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- Eveline Shen – Executive Director, Forward Together
- Shaunna Thomas – Co-Executive Director, UltraViolet
- Cristina Tzintzún – Executive Director, Workers Defense Project
- Naomi A. Walker – Assistant to the President, AFSCME
- Gordon Whitman – Deputy Director, PICO National Network
- Dennis Williams – Secretary-Treasurer, UAW
- Luna Yasui – Program Officer, Ford Foundation
Please join us in congratulating our new Fellows!
For more information about Leading from the Inside Out (LIO), the National Yearlong Fellowship, including information about current and past Fellows, please visit: www.rockwoodleadership.org/yearlong