Rockwood trainer John Poore is president of Whole Leaders, where he specializes in leadership development and coaching to support the work of social change leaders. Over the last 20 years, John has served as a founder, executive director, board member and consultant to a broad range of nonprofit organizations. He employs a whole-person approach to leadership development and spirals outward to drive desired organizational change. John enjoys being a father, tending honeybees, gardening and hiking. He will be co-leading Rockwood’s Art of Leadership training in California this May 20-24, 2013. For a complete list of Rockwood trainings, click here.
1. A more apt title for my position: Purpose Alignment Technician (PAT)
2. Rockwood = Special Vitamins for Life-Affirming Leaders
3. Three words that describe me as a leader: Playful, Passionate, Caring
4. Collaboration means…VULNERABILITY, for the sake of deeper connection and transformation.
5. My personal ecology secret practice: I spend my first 15 minutes every day doing a home-made mix of yoga, qigong, affirmations connection with my purpose and chanting.
6. These days, I’m inspired by: A cocktail made from equal parts of unreasonableness and empathy.
7. The best thing about being a Rockwood trainer: My reason for being is ignited in the presence of changemakers….those who can’t help but wake up and make the world better.
The Rockwood Pop quiz is a quick way to catch up with leaders in our network. Email us if you’d like to take the pop quiz and be featured on our blog.