We’re hiring! Rockwood’s Communications team is growing, and we are in need of a brilliant, creative writer and researcher who is committed to liberation, transformation, and human evolution (yes, really).
So, what will the Communications & Media Relations Manager do?
- Create and Craft Content
- Write posts on a wide range of topics for Rockwood’s blog
- Provide feedback to other contributors, and edit other writers’ content
- Work with Senior Communications & Marketing Manager to develop content, both for other blogs/publications, and our own
- Contribute to other content projects as needed
- Media Relations
- Connect with influential media outlets, journalists, and thought leaders to place content written by and about Rockwood
- Create content for media outlets to grow Rockwood’s footprint (press releases, announcements, creative content, etc.)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (including executives) to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership pieces
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and building partnerships
- Storybanking / Research
- Gather stories from Rockwood’s network of staff, alums, funders, and other community members to create content
- Interview alums, and create content based on their stories
- Develop research-based content products (blog posts, white papers, case studies, reports, etc.) that share Rockwood’s story and value with the world
- General Duties
- Support Senior Communications & Marketing Manager with special projects
- Stay on top of nonprofit marketing/communications tools and best practices, as well as topics relevant to Rockwood (leadership, nonprofits, mindfulness, etc.)
There’s more info on the Jobs page, including a brief overview of Rockwood’s values and benefits package (like our 32-hour work week), so head over there for more. We’re accepting applications until August 11. Send yours in so we can get to know you!
Not looking for a new job, but know someone who is?
Help us grow the Rockwood team by sharing this post!